Bottom Line Results
“We’ve owned our home renovation and remodeling business for 15 years. Prior to meeting Coach Jeff Lovejoy, our company experienced slow steady growth. This was based solely on referrals, but we knew the company had the potential to do far more.
One of the first initiatives Coach Jeff led us through was clearly defining our vision, mission and Unique Selling Proposition. Coach Jeff was instrumental in helping us move from working “at” our business to working “on” our business. Coach Jeff encouraged us not limit ourselves.
Since working with Coach Jeff we are delegating more tasks, tracking activities, better marketing our business, building a stronger team, and making decisions with our vision in mind. As a result we doubled our revenue year over year. Zett & Mary Quinn, Quality Craftsmen
I want to express my sincere gratitude to Jeff and offer this recommendation for the outstanding services he provided me as a client at Action Coach. I learned several new strategies and systems to help me lead a more effective fundraising team here at MAP International. While everything I learned will undoubtedly help us improve performance, one concept has helped me to immediately address an ongoing challenge staff turnover.
My challenge is that I was experiencing nearly 100% turnover of my major gift department within an 18 month period. We discussed this challenge and I came to realize one of the rules I was living by professionally that is to say, hire the best and get the heck out of the way was based on the false notion that my best performers didnt need my time or attention.
I planned weekly key conversations with individuals or groups so I could spend time with my star employees discussing both professional and personal issues. It has worked marvelously well. I sense a change in the mood of the office as people express more pleasure with their jobs and are more motivated to hit individual and team goals.
Other important lessons included the standardization of processes, the development of key talking points prior to one-on-one and committee meetings and forming templates to help maintain a high energy level within the fundraising program all good stuff which I will draw on for many years ahead.
Jeff offers a great service and I highly recommend it to anyone working in a charitable or nonprofit environment in addition to those working within the private sector. – Scott Walters
Coach Jeff and I worked together for the past year and his advice and resources have made a positive difference in my ability to plan and achieve both business and personal goals. With Jeff’s guidance I have benefited from tools available through ActionCOACH like the quarterly action plan.
I found myself struggling to spend time on important high level organizational work and planning. Jeff has a wonderful ability to suggest and recommend approaches that allowed me to re-evaluate how I was spending my working hours without seeming invasive. As a result I am now working more efficiently and effectively with my team to meet our organizational goals.
In my opinion, any business professional can benefit from Jeff’s recommendations and expertise. Julie Colon Koriakin, Executive Director, YMCA of Metro Atlanta, Atlanta, GA
- 1.What I recently learned was—It is not about me/my business—It is about what my company can offer to my clients by bringing on more people to do what I do on a daily basis so my company can help more clients.
I can take this business to a whole different level just by learning the systems that ActionCOACH Atlanta teaches and having My Coach hold my feet to the fire and be there for me to be accountable to!!!. I am excited about my business again.
A special THANK YOU to Jeff Lovejoy who holds my feet to the fire. Karen Bershad, President, The Small Business Advisor
- 2.”I work with many small businesses on a day to day basis. Jeff, I can attest to the difference it makes working with a business owner that is under the influence of your coaching abilities. They have a clear direction of where they are going, how to brand their company in the marketplace and how to succeed.” Pam Crist
- 3.We first began working with Coach Jeff in May of 2014 and for the next 12 months we met with him weekly to discuss focus, strategies and accountability. Under his guidance and mentoring we were able to make a profound change in our business. We became more proactive in deciding what we wanted to achieve and developed strategies to get us the desired results.
Our becoming more proactive impacted our business in many ways with the following being a few examples:
- We transitioned our team from being dis-engaged to a team that is actively helping us achieve our financial goals
- We embarked on a new line of business we had been contemplating for years but had never acted upon until Coach Jeff got involved
- We became more active in marketing our business with the result that we have been successful in bringing on several new large accounts
- We became more focused on working ON our business rather than just In it
We recommend Coach Jeff to any business owner who is feeling trapped inside their business and wants to achieve breakthrough growth. Chuck Lisowski, Awards Atlanta
- 4.Over the past couple years I found myself spending most of my time working in my business. We were successful, but achievement of my important long term goals were being delayed, i.e. pushed further into the future.
I hired Coach Jeff Lovejoy to help me increase the focus on my business. With Jeffs assistance, we have installed systems and processes in my business that have enabled me to focus on strategies to that enhance our interaction with customers and prospective customers.
Installation of these processes reassures me that my customers and prospective customers are being treated the way I want. A side benefit of working with Jeff is that I am a better sales person than before engaging the services of Jeff Lovejoy. Dean Robertson, Owner, Integrated Insurance
1) I plan programs for a leadership development organization. We recently had a full day discussion on business in our community. The day culminated in Jeff Lovejoy’s DiSC activity. I gave Jeff the tough time slot at the end of a long day of sitting. I could see the energy had sagged in the room. That didn’t last long! Jeff immediately got their attention and got them engaged. They were soon up and talking in groups, laughing and sharing their group work. More importantly, they learned valuable lessons about communicating with differing personality types. Jeff provided a memorable (and fun) learning experience. I highly recommend Jeff and look forward to having him speak again at future classes. “
2) “Jeff gave our group the best presentation on time management I have ever seen (and I’ve seen quite a few). One of the attendees has even sent us a note saying that Jeff was a superb speaker – that has never happened in my history with the group (North Perimeter chapter of the GSCPA). Jef really knows his stuff, and we were very lucky to have him as our coach for the evening. I’m definitely looking forward to working with him in the future.” Jennifer, North Perimeter Chapter of Georgia CPAs
3) “It is with great pleasure that I write this recommendation for Jeff Lovejoy. Jeff was a featured speaker at our association’s dinner meeting, and his presentation entitled “Leading the Charge: Are You Focused on What’s Necessary to Grow Your Business?” was highly received by our members. Jeff also gave two workshop presentations at our December EDGE Expo educational event/tradeshow, and attendees gave him high marks for these workshops, commenting “that I left the workshop with tools that I could immediately implement in my business” and “some of the best information that I’ve ever heard about marketing!”. I look forward to working with Jeff in the future and asking him to participate in other association events. Jeff has always been well prepared, professional and helpful, and he is able to speak to a variety of topics. If you are looking for a speaker who can motivate your audience or employees and give them the tools they need to operate more efficiently, improve your profitability, market and sell – Jeff Lovejoy can make a difference.”
4) “Jeff recently spoke to members of the Insurance Professionals of Atlanta on the topic of time management, or more appropriately “self-management”. Though he was only allotted 25 minutes, I and several other members found his presentation to contain many valuable techniques on how to make the most of each passing minute. Several members at the end of our event expressed their appreciation for Jeffs insights, and we all valued the ideas that Jeff delivered. Thinking about it in terms of self-management instead of time management was an awakening concept for me – I, and not others, control how I spend my time. I highly recommend Jeff as an outstanding speaker.” Denise Kimble, Program Chair.
5) We’ve hired Jeff twice this year. Each time he has not only been diligent in working with us hand in hand to create the most relevant and value-add presentations, but he also ensured that we were able to walk away with actionable tools, which we are currently implementing in our day to day operations. Jeff has been a tremendous asset to our team, we highly recommend him. James S. Altamirano, Director of Operations and Business Development at GO Sports Unlimited.